1955 turn signal indicators both flash

dried007

dried007

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
When I turn on turn signal (right or left) both indicators flash. The proper turn signals flash front and back. Why is the indicators both flashing? How do I fix this.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

When I turn on turn signal (right or left) both indicators flash. The proper turn signals flash front and back. Why is the indicators both flashing? How do I fix this.
A little more information is needed. So if I read correctly the external lights flash correctly but the indicators on the dash both flash? Interesting.

The only commonality I can see is that the dash indicator lights are coupled with the front signal lamps at a junction box W-BL(rh) & G-W (lh) wires. Are you sure both front lamps are not blinking together?

I’ll post the schematic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
If I understand you correctly the outside turn indicators (front and back) are working as they should, but both of the pilot lights on the dash are flashing together.
Turn Signal Diagram.jpg

Looking at the wiring diagram, are you sure that both front outside indicators and both pilot lights on the dash aren't flashing together? Since the green/white and white/blue wires are next to each other in the junction block at the base of the steering column, I would inspect the wiring at the junction block the base of the steering column to see if those wires are shorted together.

Junction Block.jpg
Junction Block 2.jpg
Junction Block 3.jpg
I also attached an interesting article from the March/April 2016 Early Bird magazine that explains how the turn indicator switch works.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Attachments

• What Makes The Turn Indicator Switch Work.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Back