1955 Tbird Harmonic Balancer puller.

skidrdan

skidrdan

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have been tearing down my 292 Y block for a re build. I have tried every puller I have and even built one, but no luck . Does anyone know where I might buy one or rent one. I have put an add on local face book because I know some one has one in there tool box some where. anyone have any idea where I might get one. I have the tool number and will see if ford can get one, but doubt they can get one. There seems to be a lot of stop leak or some thing down in the cooling jacket by the rear cylinders. I'm hoping there are no cracks in the block or heads. does any one know if you can buy a short block any where? just wondering. Because of the stay it home rule I can't go around to ask people these questions. Thanks in advance. Dan Harmonic Balance puller.JPG

I made mine, just took a heavy pice of square stock that fit through the holes in the pulley drilled and tapped it then stuck a bolt through it. Works great.
Good luck, Tom

I made mine, just took a heavy pice of square stock that fit through the holes in the pulley drilled and tapped it then stuck a bolt through it. Works great.
Good luck, Tom
Thanks, I tried to build one but the steel was not strong enough and it just bent. the puller above looks like it would work. just need to find one

Same issue have tried a puller that latched into the two holes in the side of the damper. Didn't budge and puller kept going side ways. So I got a big slide hammer with a hook end, put a chisel between the two holes. Heating up the damper and adding penetrating oil. Hope with enough pounding it will give.

Ordered one from Hill's $10 cheaper. Not sure why yhe other post about this didn't show up

Back