1955 T-Bird Drivers Side Exhaust Manifold

312YBlock
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Does anyone know if the left exhaust manifold on a 55 T-Bird was used on the 56/57 model years 292 & 312 engines or was it recast with different dimensions for 57.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I believe that all the replacement castings are the same. That would be a bolt-in replacement. I seem to remember that '55s were perhaps not as robust as the later years, at least for the passenger side.

Thanks Jack, I’m going to check the temperature of each side after my next cruise; I’m thinking the right side would read higher than the left as the right side OD is 1 inch less. I’ll post the results, if the difference is significant I will probably swap the right for a 57 remplacement.

Attached is the exhaust manifold information from the Thunderbird Restoration Details and Specifications Manual. This manual is a great source of information and a must for all early bird owners.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Attachments

• Restoration Manual.pdf
    831.8 KB · Views: 1
Back