1955 Suspension & Steering Shop Recommendations Detroit

I
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I've recently joined the ranks of T-Bird owners and purchased a 1955. For sure, it needs the front end done (suspension and steering). I'm okay with some repairs and not afraid to try, but I think for this one, I may want to have someone with experience handle it. Can anyone recommend a good shop in the Detroit Metro area that you'd trust with the work?

Alternately, would anyone recommend skipping the shop and digging in DIY? Interested in all opinions....

Thanks,
Bryan

I've recently joined the ranks of T-Bird owners and purchased a 1955. For sure, it needs the front end done (suspension and steering). I'm okay with some repairs and not afraid to try, but I think for this one, I may want to have someone with experience handle it. Can anyone recommend a good shop in the Detroit Metro area that you'd trust with the work?

Alternately, would anyone recommend skipping the shop and digging in DIY? Interested in all opinions....

Thanks,
Bryan
Hi, Bryan. Wish I could help. My guy, in Warren MI, is retiring and not taking on any more projects. I am in the same boat as you now! The Gratiot Cruise is this weekend so I'll have my '64 out and try talking with some folks for any leads. If I come up with any I'll be sure to get back with you!

Hi, Bryan. Wish I could help. My guy, in Warren MI, is retiring and not taking on any more projects. I am in the same boat as you now! The Gratiot Cruise is this weekend so I'll have my '64 out and try talking with some folks for any leads. If I come up with any I'll be sure to get back with you!
Thanks, Jim. Good to know there's someone close to swap resources with--I'm in Sterling Heights, so Warren would have been ideal. I appreciate you sharing anyone you happen to come across, and I'll do the same.

Have fun at the cruise!

Hi, Bryan...my guy soon to retire said he has been sending folks to Brothers Custom Automotive near Clawson...google them...I believe they are 15 Mile (Maple) west of Rochester Rd. I am goibg to give them a call and check them out with a shifting issue I have.

Back