1955 Photos of Firewall 40-Amp Circuit Breaker and Starter Relay/Solenoid Wanted

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Will an owner of a 55 post photos of the starter relay/solenoid and 40-amp circuit breaker (near/next to the relay/solenoid)? I removed everything from my firewall for paint.

Thanks

The yellow wire goes to the solenoid from the cb. I assume that is the circuit breaker? in the first photo? The yellow wire is the one on top (can't see the color) but it connects to the starter solenoid.

Question: If that is the 40A circuit breaker, how would one reset it if it pops?
837C506A-BA38-4A2F-8874-985876411D0B.jpeg33A23C7B-302D-4B7B-9565-4110C02AD452.jpeg29C5C8ED-49A7-4CC6-85BB-577E13804AED.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
If I’m not mistaken, that style of circuit breaker will automatically reset itself….

Thanks, as you can see, it hasn't been touched in 67 years :D. I'd clean it up a bit, but if it ain't broken don't fix it, or do until it is!!!o_O

The yellow wire goes to the solenoid from the cb. I assume that is the circuit breaker? in the first photo? The yellow wire is the one on top (can't see the color) but it connects to the starter solenoid.

Question: If that is the 40A circuit breaker, how would one reset it if it pops?
Thank you. Is the yellow wire between the starter relay/solenoid and the circuit breaker just a short jumper wire? If so, then the yellow wire coming off the circuit breaker passes through the firewall and connects to the 20-amp circuit breaker that's attached to the dash? That's how I see it on my car and in the electrical manual. Being the case, I must have removed the short jumper wire, 40-amp CB, and starter relay/solenoid in preparation for paint. I'll have to look through my stuff for the 40-amp CB and the yellow jumper wire. The longer yellow wire that connects the 40-amp and 20-amp CBs is still attached to the 20-amp on the dash.

Interesting I had to take a second look and the yellow wire off the top of the circuit breaker goes directly to the starter solenoid on my car. And I know this was stock because as you can see in the pictures it’s never been tampered with. The other side of the circuit breaker has a yellow (look closely at my photo) wire that goes through the firewall under the dash, (thought it was a black wire). No idea where it goes under the dash?

Zero, the yellow wire that goes through the firewall is attached to the circuit breaker under/inside the dash. Mine is still attached. That wire is supposed to power the motors. There is a red wire that's attached to the accessory post/terminal on the starter switch that powers the control switches.

Thanks for the help.

Thank you. Is the yellow wire between the starter relay/solenoid and the circuit breaker just a short jumper wire? If so, then the yellow wire coming off the circuit breaker passes through the firewall and connects to the 20-amp circuit breaker that's attached to the dash? That's how I see it on my car and in the electrical manual. Being the case, I must have removed the short jumper wire, 40-amp CB, and starter relay/solenoid in preparation for paint. I'll have to look through my stuff for the 40-amp CB and the yellow jumper wire. The longer yellow wire that connects the 40-amp and 20-amp CBs is still attached to the 20-amp on the dash.

I found the cb/w yellow wire still attached. The circuit breakers are supposed to automatically reset.

Back