1955 interior stain

Ed R

Ed R

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Not sure if this is the correct forum to be posting this. I have a 1955 Thunderbird restored. It seems that some of the color on a ball cap that was resting on the white portion of the seat transferred to the vinyl and now there’s a stain that I cannot remove. I have tried all the popular cleaners for vinyl and leather as well as OxiClean and Shout, Mr. clean magic eraser, you name it so I need some advice before I go in damage the seat by using some alcohol-based chemical like goo be gone or rubbing alcohol.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Not saying that you should, but I have used isopropyl alcohol/dry gas on vinyl seat stains with good results.
Of course try a spot somewhere it doesn’t show.
Good luck ?
Roger

I have found Chemical Guys Nonsense cleaner to be remarkably effective on all kinds of stains:

(I know I sound like an ad! But I really have no affiliation with them.)

I have found Chemical Guys Nonsense cleaner to be remarkably effective on all kinds of stains:

(I know I sound like an ad! But I really have no affiliation with them.)
Thanks it was the first thing I tried and it is an amazing product, but no luck this time

If you have an upolstery shop locally stop in and talk to them.

Not sure if this is the correct forum to be posting this. I have a 1955 Thunderbird restored. It seems that some of the color on a ball cap that was resting on the white portion of the seat transferred to the vinyl and now there’s a stain that I cannot remove. I have tried all the popular cleaners for vinyl and leather as well as OxiClean and Shout, Mr. clean magic eraser, you name it so I need some advice before I go in damage the seat by using some alcohol-based chemical like goo be gone or rubbing alcohol.
Maybe this link will help. I have a 1969 Cougar and belong to that forum, as well as this one ( for my 1971 T-Bird ). Seems one of the Cougar owners has had luck on his vinyl dash with GOOP hand cleaner. Worth a try :
I would stay away from Goo-B-Gone, as it contains toluene and other solvents. I would be wary of what it might do to the vinyl ( like dissolve it / remove graining, etc.
Best of luck.

Back