1955- How to reassemble soft top

sylvurhfox

sylvurhfox

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have completely taken my soft top frame apart. Had it cleaned and powder coated. I am looking for a schematic on how to rebuild all the pieces. I did take pictures before taking it apart, however I did not take pictures of the way the rubber attaches. Any pics or drawings will be greatly appreciated.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have completely taken my soft top frame apart. Had it cleaned and powder coated. I am looking for a schematic on how to rebuild all the pieces. I did take pictures before taking it apart, however I did not take pictures of the way the rubber attaches. Any pics or drawings will be greatly appreciated.
A good subject is important to get responses. "1955 Soft Top Assembly" could mean anything. I will update your title. Unfortunately all the instant notifications that go out will have the old subject and people will likely think you are wanting the part.

Since you you were asking for pictures or drawings to help you reassemble your soft top I looked around and this is all I could find. This may not be exactly what you wanted, but I hope this will help you.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

19492_5f361ff00b383d61537610c4baafa9d5_1.jpg19493_0b921958e56efe2c050740bfd685d28d_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I had previously posted this but I do not see it in the posting chain.
CASCO has at least one video of top recovering. You may check with them to see if they have video that covers your needs.

So it’s nearly 1 am east coast…. still reading the forum. Retirement is why I am here. The bikes just got too dangerous here in the madness they call the “Garden State” and the cell phone adds a new degree of risk management. If they keep developing the land as they are doing, there won’t be any room for gardens. Still working but 2 days a week so there is more time to do car stuff.

As I am reading so many different topics here to be more and more informed but I don’t find a great deal of detailing on the soft top or it’s’ frame. Many of the exploded views I have seen look like poorly illustrated drawings. The clarity is not there for the parts I will need to reconstruct the framework especially that what I would believe to be screws are described as pins. Is there a place I can find a useable diagram or exploded view for the soft top? I do seem to have all of the manuals or think I do.

Back