1955 have turn signals but no brake lights

JRH

JRH

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I get turn signals left and right but no brake lights, I cleaned connection on the switch with 220 sand paper both male and female. Any idea what ohms the bulbs should be?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I get turn signals left and right but no brake lights, I cleaned connection on the switch with 220 sand paper both male and female. Any idea what ohms the bulbs should be?
If you have turn signals but no brake lights it's most likely the switch itself if you determined you have voltage there.

Yup, the 1154 (6v) or 1034-1157 (12v) dual filament bulb uses the same filament for the signal lights as well as the brake lights. The running lights use the other filament. Check the switch. BTW, the 1157 bulb can take more current than the 1034 bulb and should last longer.

Yup, the 1154 (6v) or 1034-1157 (12v) dual filament bulb uses the same filament for the signal lights as well as the brake lights. The running lights use the other filament. Check the switch. BTW, the 1157 bulb can take more current than the 1034 bulb and should last longer. out
I have 1157 bulbs in I'll have to get the multi meter out and check the current back to the tail lights. Thanks of the info

The best way to test the switch is to pull the wires off the switch, connect the two using another wire. If the lights work, then it's the switch that's bad

I've read the headlights need to be on for the brake lights to work? That doesn't make sense to me. Anyway got a whole new ball game going on I turn on the headlights and the backup and brake lights come on with them could this be traced to the neutral switch? I'm flustered wore a hole in my head scratching it.

I've read the headlights need to be on for the brake lights to work? That doesn't make sense to me. Anyway got a whole new ball game going on I turn on the headlights and the backup and brake lights come on with them could this be traced to the neutral switch? I'm flustered wore a hole in my head scratching it.
The back up lights only work when the lights are on and in reverse. The brake lights should work any time the battery is connected when pushing the pedal.

Headlight Switch Wiring.jpg

Wiring.jpg

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Thanks so much I have a electric manual coming but I won't get until next week.

Back