1955 Fuel Pump Recommendations

Did you replace the fuel hose when you installed the pump? I did 3 years ago and went through 4 pumps and none worked. Recently I found that most of the fuel hoses have a 3/32" ID. The hard lines are 5/16". I made my own fuel line (very easy) using 5/16" hose. Now my pump works. Some of these "bad" pumps may not be bad if the fuel hose is undersized.
View attachment 22766
I would think the following problem would be resolve long ago. At one point in the past the replacement hose connecting the fuel pump intake side to the fitting on the frame hardline would collapse and/or internally break up. The result would be fuel starvation, often when warmed up if not initially present on start-up.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi Fellas. I am having trouble locating a company selling mechanical fuel pumps for the 1955 Thunderbird 292 Y-block. Any info would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Have you tried the Tbird suppliers
CASCO, Concours Parts, Hills, NPD, there are many
beware there have been many issues with new mechanical pump the past few years
I would consider having mine rebuilt by a reputable rebuilder
search for this here it has been reviewed in length

Hi Fellas. I am having trouble locating a company selling mechanical fuel pumps for the 1955 Thunderbird 292 Y-block. Any info would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
I have rebuilt these pumps in the past, however the price of the rebuilding kit became so expensive that I used this company to rebuild my last fuel pump. It cost me $40.00 more to have them rebuild it than the price of the rebuilding kit.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Arthur Gould Rebuilders.jpg

Back