1955 Front brake drum grease seal

odannyboy

odannyboy

Gold Member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I just finished my front brake replacement, Ordered new grease seals. Am I missing something, the grease seal is about 2 inches inside diameter, and the spindle is 1-1/4" diameter. Shouldn't the grease seal inner spring loaded rubber, fit snug onto the spindle to keep dirt out.
Every part number said to fit is a big inside diameter.
P01-400-050 is one part number
T-1190

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

It doesn't ride on the surface that supports the bearing. There is a larger machined surface behind the inner bearing where the grease seal rides. 2" sounds about right.

Since we are an all Thunderbird site you can omit the model of your car from the subject on future posts to shorten it. I've revised it.

I just finished my front brake replacement, Ordered new grease seals. Am I missing something, the grease seal is about 2 inches inside diameter, and the spindle is 1-1/4" diameter. Shouldn't the grease seal inner spring loaded rubber, fit snug onto the spindle to keep dirt out.
Every part number said to fit is a big inside diameter.
P01-400-050 is one part number
T-1190
Ahhh I figured out what was wrong, the first seal inside diameter not correct and wouldn't go onto the recessed seat in the spindle. I popped them out and was looking for issue, bought new seals and they fit just fine. Jumped to a conclusion to fast, LOL

Back