1955 Clock repair recommendations

• Thread starter Skip from the Vineyard
  • Start date
Skip from the Vineyard

Skip from the Vineyard

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have clock that’s not working. The car is now 12 volt and I’m not sure if the power to the clock was altered. here is what I have and not sure of where I should put the wires back.
Also the date on the clock is my birthday.May 4th.
Where should I send it to get rebuilt
11FB9303-A55D-4606-929D-7A4B4A517377.jpegD72EC7BE-87DA-4B1C-A634-FF067EDD0A49.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Your subject 1955 clock is now 1955 Clock repair recommendations . Good titles get more responses.

http://magicdave.com/autoclock/home.htm I use this guy for my clock repair. The 6 volt system on the 55 was positive ground and I am guessing that you changed that to 12 volt negative ground. I am guessing that is what the extra electronic parts on the back of the clock were meant to do. In any case, Mr. Lindquist can repair your clock and convert it to the correct voltage.

My apologies, I now see that David Lindquist has passed away. He did a couple of clocks for me and I was always impressed with his repairs. I am sad to hear that he has passed away. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

or

I had my 6v clock converted to a quartz movement by clocks and gauges $200.. They also repair the mechanics for about $80.

or

I had my 6v clock converted to a quartz movement by clocks and gauges $200.. They also repair the mechanics for about $80.
I've also used Clockworks with success. They repaired my clock in my '57 this year and converted it to quartz. Much more accurate now, and less drain on the battery.

Dont know about repairs although I think you'll find vendors in Hemmings.
I'm running my 6V clock on 12V without problems. You'll need to detach the positive grounding tab and then put 12V to this terminal and ground the negitive.
I suspect that is some sort of resistor attached to yours. Try removing it, identify the + & - (they are marked) and put power to it and see what happens. You might just get lucky!

Back