1955 292 timing marks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

That's my take. TDC is the line inside an incomplete circle and the marks above it in my picture and to the left in your picture are 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 degrees BTDC.

Vern

Swatson999. The shop manual is wrong for the Tbird. The Tbird timing marks are on the pulley edge not the crankshaft damper. The manual had me looking in the wrong place until I learned where to look.

Vern

Interesting, I thought that was an “8” but must be 0°. That means I’m at 6°BTDC. No adjustment needed 👍🏼

Swatson999. The shop manual is wrong for the Tbird. The Tbird timing marks are on the pulley edge not the crankshaft damper. The manual had me looking in the wrong place until I learned where to look.

Vern
Yeah, I was only concerned with the marks and which one was TDC, the directionality of the marks at each 2 degrees, etc., which is the same, but I should have noted that the precise location is different for passenger cars v. tbirds. Good catch.

Mine likes 8 at 500rpm. I’m at sea level. As pointed out, very important to separate the vacuum line from the distributor for setting.

Back