1955-1966 "Ford" Thunderbirds never really existed? 🤡

biddle

biddle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Here is an excellent example of the nonsense I must deal with. LOL! This guy joined the forum five days ago, makes no posts, and sends the following email which was "out of the blue" and his first contact at all.

What a giant disappointment. There was and is no such thing as a 1955-1966 FORD Thunderbird. Starting almost when I bought my '63 back in 1992 I have been "fighting" those who insist the first Thunderbirds were Ford Thunderbirds, as you do! They were NOT and still are NOT. Like the Mercurys and Lincolns and the Fords, the '55 thru '66 T-Birds were a separate, distinct line of the FOMOCO (Ford Motor Company). These FOUR car lines were each their own individual companies and manufacturing plants. It was the arrival of the Mustang (a Ford) that essentially killed the Birds. The cheaper Mustang captured the market in the FOMOCO and thus from 1967 on the Thunderbird became just another model of the Ford line. I have worked on about every inch of my Bird, even inside the Differential, the Dash and the Engine. I have not seen the word "Ford" anywhere in, on or under my car. Maybe you have something different, a bogus product - - - ???
Your website looks like it might be pretty darn good OTHERWISE, excluding the text color (Yes, I saw the "change text" notice). But I do not wish to deal with YOU too on the FORD aggravation.tied to the TRUE Thunderbirds. Nor all the make-believes that came after them. Just like Chevrolets great Z-28s in '67, '68, and (the one I had) the '69. From '70 on Chevy still used the moniker Z=28 but they no longer signified the "package" of the great Z. . Please erase any and all text related to me. Goodbye.

Is this real life? I sent him the original brochure and owner's manual that state "Ford Thunderbird" in them and have not heard back. ROFLOL 🤡

1955-thunderbird.jpg1955-Ford-Thunderbird.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Yikes. Guy sounds a bit angry about the whole thing! I think you proved the "truth" to him well enough. Good job!

Unfortunately, he has been at the back of his car and sucking up too many fumes.

I guess the Edsel wasn’t Henry’s son nor a Ford Motor Company car from 1958-1960 🤣 Maybe he has a Shay with Pinto parts🤷 We all know the Pinto wasn’t a Ford car either 🤣 Pretty funny!

Last edited:
This guy is from another planet. Shows his ignorance.

Wow.... Perfectly good example of an individual that is a complete waste of our time... the true shame is that he has wasted minutes of our life we will never get back with his nonsense.... I suppose he missed the Thunderbird emblems with Ford on them? 🤣

Please end this, It's getting boring !

Reminds me a bit of the guy who drove up next to me at a stop light and asked what kind of car my '55 T-Bird was. I told him it was a
Ford, and he told me it couldn't be, because it has crossed flags on the trunk and only Chevy's had that. This went on for couple stop lights until he gave up.

I remember Chevy's used crossed flags, but I think maybe '58 or '59 was the first with the 348 engine.

This guy is out there. So many articles I have seen say that Ford never called the Bird a sports car check out the title of the Ford manual on weather stripping

So many articles I have seen say that Ford never called the Bird a sports car.
When you start seeing multiple citings vs. one crazy person saying it, that is a time when you must question yourself about your own position. When Ford introduced the Ford Thunderbird in 1955, it was marketed as a personal luxury car, NOT a sports car like the Corvette! As a result, sales of the Thunderbird were 23:1 vs. the Corvette. What a piece of weather stripping is called does not mean the car is a sports car or change Ford's intention for the car from a sales standpoint. :)

Great Video:

Here is an excellent example of the nonsense I must deal with. LOL! This guy joined the forum five days ago, makes no posts, and sends the following email which was "out of the blue" and his first contact at all.

Is this real life? I sent him the original brochure and owner's manual that state "Ford Thunderbird" in them and have not heard back. ROFLOL 🤡

Maybe he bought some NOS parts and the box misled him? Here's a small box, with room for just three per side, but on the larger boxes all 6 were visible Ford, Mercury, Edsel, Lincoln, Continental, Thunderbird.

Thunderbird was listed separately just and Edsel and Continental were for a number of years on the parts boxes. While Edsel was never Ford Edsel and the Continental Mark II was never a Lincoln Continental Mark II (despite what the internet says) maybe by extension he's claiming the same for T-birds? Doesn't make him right, just sad and angry apparently.IMG_4017.JPG

IMG_4018.JPG

Maybe he bought some NOS parts and the box misled him?
To think the Ford Thunderbird was not a Ford Thunderbird, there has to be another problem going on "upstairs". LOL. There is a mountain of supporting evidence that the car was a "Ford Thunderbird". I've heard that people who are narcissists are typically unable to admit they are wrong, and when they do, it's someone else's fault.

Back