VINs/Dates/Destinations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodrod

Just got a call from my dealer;
VIN 1FAHP60A22Y110357
Red, Red, All Black interior
Build week 1-28(my birthday, what a present!)

Thanks for all you've been doing. This site and all of the contributors have been a great help to me.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

redbird02,

Is it a premium and is the interior accent or standard? Also do you know your postion in your dealers allotemnt and their total allotemnt? # of #?

My guess is delivery around the second or third week of Feb.

-

Jodrod,
It is a premium with a standard interior. I was lucky to put a deposit down in August of 2001; Dealer had placed the order w/o customer on 1-10-01 according to the DORA. I have been told that I am #4 out of 13; but my salesperson has quit, come back and quit again. My current salesman isn't too sure about the allocation position; I think they are making something up.

A Blue bird was just spotted in Northern California - in my driveway!

VIN: 1FAHP60A12Y107420
build date: 12/13, delivery date: 1/8

More later, but right now there are places to go and things to do! I posted a couple quickcam pix to the Mystery Drive/Northern CA album in newtbirddata's photo section.

Bernie, Redwood City, CA

-

I checked the 800 number this afternoon, and as of January 4 my car was "Released from plant". By now I'm sure she's on her way! Just 18 more days 'til I take delivery assuming it arrives on schedule!

KB

Originally posted by yello7530:
We are scheduled to take delivery of #7530 tonight....Keeping my fingers crossed. Weather in Palm Springs today was 80 & clear.LATER
I picked up #7420 two days ago in Northern CA, so it looks like ship times are consistent, but longer than average. That LATER will be MUCH LATER.
biggrin.gif

I am new to this board as far as writing. I have been reading the posts for a year. The info is great. Lat week my dealer called with the good news. I ordered my car on 1-16-01 and was given my vin # last week. the info is as follows: 1FAHP60A42Y109498. It is a white premium with white top, black accent package. I am paying MSRP. The deal gave me a build date of 1/14/02 with delivery in February. I am #9 of 28. CANNOT WAIT!!!

Wixom is building high 8000s and low 9000s this week, currently at 108 t-birds a day. Also, I noticed about a dozen low VIN numbers going down the line each day; 5900s, 6300s and 6400s??? Must be birds that were on hold for parts. (Canadian units?)

My dealer just called. My VIN# is 1FAHP60A52Y110661.
It's a blue/blue/blue premium coming to Texas, first week or so in February. If you know of anyone in north Texas interested in a super clean 1996 Sebring JXi convertible with a new top and only 44,000 miles, let me know
wink.gif

txktom,

Is your interior full or partial and do you know your position in the dealers allocation and their total allocation (# of #)? Also do you have any dates yet?

110282 & 110357 both have a build week of 1/28.

Originally posted by jodrod:
txktom,

Is your interior full or partial and do you know your position in the dealers allocation and their total allocation (# of #)? Also do you have any dates yet?

110282 & 110357 both have a build week of 1/28.

It has a full blue interior, and it is my dealer's third car of five allocated--right on schedule, half way through the model year. The dealer said he expected the car to arrive the first week or so in February, which I think may be a bit optimistic.

I had originally ordered a black one, but four of the five ordered here were black, and the other one (red) was sold to a buyer in Kansas. Somehow, four black tbirds in a relatively small town like Texarkana seemed a bit ominous. Then Ford decided to produce the blue all year long instead of only from January to end-of-model-year, so I switched. We had wanted the blue one all along, but didn't want to wait until 2002. (Little did we know....) Still, it will be worth the wait. We saw a blue one at the Ft. Smith, AR media showing, and it was stunning. (Okay, so were all the other colors.)

My dealer seems unaware that there are actual build dates. Whenever the car shows up, it's here. Great dealer, though, msrp and nice treatment all along. If I hear more, I'll post the dates.

-

We finally took delivery of our Bird today. Exactly one year to the HOUR, from the time we ordered it. Lots of thumbs-up and stares. It's warm and sunny in Southern California. The top will be off tomorrow.

VIN # 8332
red/red/red premium
California plate 02 BIRD

I talked to my dealer today. Word from the district rep is that Thunderbird delivery is at 25% - all dealers have taken delivery of 25% of their cars. Ford's goal was to hit 25% by Dec 31, 2001, so they are a bit behind schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back