VINs/Dates/Destinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Jodrod:

While browsing the database I noticed that you have 8647 listed as a Deluxe. Initially I was told that that was my VIN. Actually 8647 is another customer's car, and it's a premium with full accents. Just thought I'd let you know...

KB

Gobird,
My vin # 9468 also has a build date of 1/14/02. I would also like to get it sooner.
Hope there is no snow the day I pick it up.
I told the dealer if there is snow they can keep it on the showroom floor, rope it off, and lock it up till the roads are clean.

Sounds good to me except my dealer won't put his Birds on the floor. They keep them in the prep area until your ready to pick them up. Pray for NO SNOW. HA,HA!!

------------------
Blue on Blue Prem. STILL WAITING Ordered in Jan. 7of12 NOW 4of12
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond
Got Vin. 109293 Build Date 01/14

Gobird

Praying for snow to stop here in Ft. Erie Ontario across the river from Bufflo N.Y. Some where around 4 feet of snow has fallin in the last 5 days. Glad my bird`s not landing in this mess!

Triple black #2 of 2 Vin Less

Most of the 8100s and lower were built before the plant shutdown for the holidays. However, a few dozen were higher VINs ranging into the 8600s. Production resumes January 2nd.

Gobird,TbirdII,
I have the same build date as both of you do
1/14/02. My vin # is 9468. I also would like to get mine sooner but hope that there is no snow the day that Iam to pick up my Bird. Told my dealer that if it is snowing they can lock the car up and rope it off and leave it on the showroom floor untill the roads are dry.

Thirdbird

Since I've yet been able to see the new tbird in person...I hurried up to Brandon Ford to see one of the 2 black birds they had (mentioned in previous post). Boy was I ever in sticker shock when I saw the additional "20,000 Market Adjustment" price.

Beautiful car though...only 1 was in the show room.

Woodand, my dad has dealt with this dealer over the years and has nothing Good to say about them. I think they will have these cars for a while and will drop the price unless they get a drug dealer to buy them. They are the only ones stupid enough to buy at that price.

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

-

Jodrod
Found 4 Birds at a dealer in Quincy, Mass. Wants $50K for each one, but will let the convertible go for $48K - Do you believe these numbers?

Don't know delivery dates but here are VINs
1FAHP60A22Y105756 Blue/Blue Hdtop; Std.interior; Sold to Dealer
1FAHP60A82Y106197 Blue Convert.only; No hdtop; Deluxe blue interior; Sold to dealer
1FAHP60A52Y106514 White/White Hdtop; Std Interior; Could not find sticker for selling dealer
1FAHP60A12Y105456 Yellow/Yellow hdtop; Std. interior; Canadian car - canadian stickers in engine compartment and no front running lights; dealer probably purchased thru auction.

Keep up the great work on the database

Our Bird was "produced" as of 12/21, shipped via rail carrier as of 12/23, and "arrived at ramp" as of 12/28. This would imply that it arrived at the rail desination, ready for truck transport to the dealer. Does anyone know the meaning of "ramp"?

VIN 8332
red/red/red premium
California plate 02 BIRD

2002Bird

When the 800# reports "at the ramp" you can get false hopes. In our case it was reported at the ramp as 12/16 and then reported on rail as of 12/17. We found out later that our car arrived at a Tenn ramp and then was loaded onto another rail car and finally to our distribution ramp for trucking. Not trying to bust your bubble, but relating what happened to us. When it gets there, you will have forgotten about the wait.

I had a build date of 12/13 and was initially told it would be at the ramp on 12/24. Thanks to my dealer's getting the railcar number and Bob Hart's access to railroad tracking information, I've been following my Bird's shipment cross country for about a week. The last I heard from Bob (on Sunday) was
Bernie, rail car moved UP as suspected. After 35 years with the railroad I knew car initial was ETTX. Class 1 railroads have to report movement to a central site where I ran an inquiry against the rail car, ETTX 906996. Events are from the bottom up, but the points you care about are highlighted below. Car arrived Benicia at 4pm on 12/28 and was released empty at 11am on 12/29.

Your TBird should have been on the ground ready for transport via truck yesterday.....

Congratulations!

Well, Benicia's just across the Bay (less than an hour's drive), but still no word from the dealership. I think the holiday may have slowed things down. Just goes to show, even when it's at the ramp it may still be a few days away. Now I know how an expectant father feels in the delivery room.
smile.gif

9058 is bucked and will soon fly. I want to thank all of you for keeping me sane over the past 7 months. I've owned a lot of cars over the years but this one has been the most fun. All of you have really contributed to the journey. I haven't been a contributor but I have read every every topic and almost every post.

I know alot about our birds due to your tenacity, research, discussion, and patience.

I hope Ford has learned something about how to handle future public relations issues with more thought about their customers. Only time will tell.

The New Year this year is a mixed bag but I wish all of you a health,happy and safe New Year. I will be thinking about all the converation on board and know you each of you felt when you drove out of the dealer.

I'll let you know when 9058 hits the ground here in Houston.

Houtex, Not too far behind you, I hope 9293. Should be built soon and be in York,Pa, in no time. Hope you like yours the way the rest of us are felling about the new Bird. Drive and enjoy.

------------------
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies

CANEH,

What is your top/interior color and is the interior full, partial, accent or standard. Also would you fill in the blank in your vin: 1FAHP60A ? 2Y109450

jodrod; just to inform you of second bird...Blue/Blue Premium, full accent, running lights, serial no. 1FAHP60A22Y109094, scheduled week of 1/7, delv. 1/21. Being delivered in Ohio, but my brother is getting this one and lives in Richboro, Pa. This will be the 3rd Bird to arrive at the dealership...1st one mine, 2nd came in wrong, sold to a Dr. in Elyria, Ohio, 3rd one going to my brother in Pa. According to this forum, it looks like it may be built this week sometime ahead of schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back