Find out how rare your car is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
2FAST4U,

No, I personally wouldn’t consider anything you did to the car after it left the factory to be “original equipment” but who else would know? These numbers I give out are how many cars left the factory in a specific configuration. For example my 2002 premium blue/blue top/black accent interior is one of 840 that left the factory like that. But there were only 62 premium 2002 blue Thunderbirds with the black accent that left the factory without a top at all. So if I sold my top, would you consider mine be one of 840 or one of 62? Since no one knows what happens to cars after they leave the factory no one can tell how rare it is any more. I would have to think your car now is one of only a handful, a good chance even one of a kind. You got the best model Thunderbird available to you and made it better. It seems your car now is better and more rare than even the US built premiums as the engine block heater came standard with yours and it was an option that VERY few U.S. customers bought.

EDIT: Claude, to answer your original question, yes, I would consider yours to be a Premium.

Last edited:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Thank you Quickdraw!!! I appreciate!

Thank you very much Quickdraw!..I appreciate that you took the time for me!.:D
The only things not original on my car that are aftermarket are the fender skirts I added, and the chrome hood scoop bezel I got from my Ford dealer....I wanted the skirts because I loved the look they give to the car, and the original '56 Thunderbird had them...I always wondered how come Ford never thought of offering them as an option???:confused:???

I would like to post a few pictures of it for those interested in seeing it, but I don't know how...:confused:...Somebody help!!!
However, if you want to see how my Thunderbird looks like now, it'll be my pleasure to e-mail you, and everyone interested a few pictures! Just let me know!

Again, Thanks!,
'bye! Claude. :D

Last edited:
Claude,
You can post one photo per message using the "Attach File" at the bottom of the post message page.

Check your PM's I sent you my email address, yes please send me photos of your car.

Quickdraw, I tried to e-mail you a few pictures, but they keep coming back as being "undelivered", or undeliverable...???:confused: Are you sure your e-mail address is spelled correctly?, or could your mail box be full?...or is your e-mail box set to reject incoming e-mails from an unknown source, like some sort of anti-virus??
Let me know, as I don't know what to do now...
Claude:(

Last edited:
Claude,
no you shouldn't be getting rejected from MSN... I sent you an email - just reply to that and attach your photos. Or PM me your email address....

Claude. if you still can't get through to me make your subject line "Toys for adults" or "New Male Enlargement Technique Discovered"

I *KNOW* none of that garbage gets filtered out… :D :D :D

You should get me e-mail now!...

Quickdraw..I finally found why my e-mails did not get to you...The underscore in your e-mail address was hidden because your whole address was underlined!...:rolleyes: Now, you should receive it!
'bye!
Claude :)

Bimota Guy,

If you have a grey hardtop premium with the standard black interior it's one of 247. If you have the optional Black Accent interior it is the most popular of all combinations for 2003 with 1,421 made. One out of every ten 2003s made were Grey/Grey/Black Accent Premiums.

If you have a deluxe or something other that a Grey hardtop please advise.

I have a 2002 - Premium - Blue - Full Blue interior
Vin. 1FAHP6OA32Y113896
I purchased it on 3/26/02 and currently have about 16,000 on it.
I'm keeping this one forever.

Whiskeyman:) :)

Jawill2000,
There were 361 red/red/standard interior premiums made for 2002. What does your signature mean #2 of 2?

Whiskeyman,
I’ll get your build date Wednesday, but your ’02 Blue, full blue interior premium is one of 3,778 that left the factory like that UNLESS you don’t have a hardtop at all in which case it was one of 230.

Last edited:
Quickdraw - Our T-bird is an 03 Whisper White Deluxe with black top/interior. Oddly enough, it has the premium chrome 7 blade wheels. It was originally a rental unit, so I guess there is no telling how the wheels ended up on it.

Thanks
Dan

Dan, are you sure its a Deluxe? Does it have heated seats? Are you sure it left the factory with a black top? Is the top of your steering wheel black wood or leather?

I don't show ANY Deluxe white/black top/black interior 2003s made. The Ford stats say there were 3 with a partial white interior.

It does not have heated seats. The interior is the "standard" black without the upgraded steering wheel or shift knob, etc. The top is definitely black. Is it possible that the heated seats were intentionally deleted by Hertz?
Now that I think about it, I looked at another used 2003 identical to mine, except it DID have the heated seats.
Go figure.

Thanks again for the info.

I think Kathe hit the nail on the head...... Dan are you talking about a black SOFT top? And yes if you don't have heated seats you have the Deluxe and not the premium. If you have a white 2003 Deluxe with no hard top at all and the standard interior yours is one of 159. It makes sense that rental agencys wouldn't generally buy the hardtops.

Originally posted by Quickdraw
If you have the optional Black Accent interior it is the most popular of all combinations for 2003 with 1,421 made. One out of every ten 2003s made were Grey/Grey/Black Accent Premiums.

That is the one...thanks!

The most popular combination ordered by customers has to be the easiest to sell and should bring a few extra dollars.

Originally posted by Quickdraw
The most popular combination ordered by customers has to be the easiest to sell and should bring a few extra dollars.
I also have the grey/Grey/Black accent model....I think mine is number 941 or something like that......it was built mid-late June 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back