Find out how rare your car is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quickdraw

Quickdraw

2004 Member of the Year
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
2019 Moderator update- Downloadable window sticker here- https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum...ownload-2002-2003-2004-2005-thunderbird.8497/

Check out this new book- https://amzn.to/3ErY9P7
how-rare-is-thunderbird.jpg

Tell me the year, color of body & top, what interior and if it’s a Deluxe or Premium and I’ll tell you how many were made like yours. Sorry, can only do '02s & '03s - they’re still making 2004s so that data won’t be available until July.

Unless you state otherwise Premium with the removable hardtop assumed.

My ‘02 Blue/Blue/Black Accent Premium is one of 840 made.

Check out this new book- https://amzn.to/3ErY9P7
how-rare-is-thunderbird.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

How rare?

Mine is a 2003 premium- whisper white, white top with black/red full inerior accent package!

Ticket Ted

Ted,

For White/White/Full Red 2003 Premium there were 274 made.

The total 2003 production was only 14,505 cars because Ford got a late start waiting for the improved engines and the cars were only in production for eight months.

I don't really know what I have as to Deluxe or Premium. It is an 03 Torch Red with the red and black interior. I have heated seats, removable top, the select shift trans, and all the standard things I.E. CD changer, premium sound system, etc. I have looked at the window sticker and all the papers I got when I bought it (new) and I cannot find anything that says Deluxe, Premium, Standard or anything else. Pardon my ignorance but I never even heard those terms until I joined this forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JLB43

Here's my info Quick, hope it is all you need;

2003 Premium, Whisper white top/bottom, all black interior. Optional equipment - select shift transmission and black ink accent.

The difference between the Deluxe and the Premium, is minimal: The Premium has heated seats and the 7 blade chrome wheels; The Deluxe does not have heated seats and has the 21 spoke painted wheels.

Last edited:
Oh, forgot. Welcome JLB, I noticed you joined several months ago. Glad to finally hear from you. Have you had any trouble with your T-Bird battery?

deleted

woops must have hit the post button 2 times

Last edited:
Quickdraw - Mine is a 02 Premium yellow / yellow with full accent, supplemental park lamps and the optional traction control. Traction control was standard in 03, but optional in 02.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am curious to know how many of mine were built. 02 Blue Premium with full blue interior trim. Serial # 100640; 408 one built, it has BASF paint.

RogerRacer, there were 3,778 T.B. Blue w/ T.B. hardtop premium & full accent, and there were 1,930 built like my yellow/yellow. Quickdraw - sorry I had forgotten that I had this info.

Jlb43
Do you have chrome wheels? (I suspect so). The premium with a hardtop is Order Code 130A and that number should be on the sticker. And do you have the full or partial red interior? The partial red interior had just the red seat inserts while the full interior accent has the red on the door panels and dash also.
If your 2003 has the partial red (seats only) your red/red top/partial red interior red premium is one of 411. If you have the red/red top/full red interior premium yours is one of 1,100. If your top isn’t red or anything else is different let us know. Welcome to the Thunderbird forum JLB. Don’t hesitate to post your questions or concerns about your car – we all learn from each other.

Sophia,
Your white/white/black accent premium ’03 is one of 616.

Lon,
Welcome back Lon! You used to be a regular here, hope you can visit regularly again. And thank you for the assist with the numbers for RacerRoger.

Raven,
There were 496 black/black/saddle premium ’03s made. And WELCOME!! Please don’t hesitate to post.

Last edited:
Yes, for both the 2002 and 2003 you ccould get the red, white or black top from the factory on red cars. There were a total of 401 red 2002s that left the factory with a white top and a total of 178 red 2003s that left he factory with white tops.

Thanks Quick!!
Just think how much money you could have made if you charged for all this info.:eek:

Quickdraw,

The seats, door panels, and dash are red and black. The knob on the shifter is also red. Yes I do have chrome wheels.

Sophia

No I have had no battery problems to date. But then this car is a Sunday driver only. I have had it for six or seven months and I don't have 800 miles on it yet.

JLB,
I think what Sophia is talking about, and I don’t know what the affected date range is, but a large number of Thunderbirds seem to have a dead battery problem. The car has several timers that turn off electrical equipment after a period of time to prevent battery drain. For instance the interior lights and trunk light shut off after about 15 minutes. It seems that the timer for the heated back glass in the hard top does not shut off and will drain the battery. I don’t know if the heated glass in the soft top is the same timer or not but sometime before the warranty runs out I plan to test mine by putting the hard top on, turning the back glass heater on and then removing the keys to see if the battery drains over the next several days.

Yes, you certainly do have the Premium model if you have the chrome wheels.

'02 blue Thunderbird info please...

Quickdraw, My T-Bird is an "02, blue with removable hardtop, full blue interior accent, with premium chrome wheels...( Now, the only three things that were missing on this particular car, were the heated seats, supplemental parking lamps which I had installed, and the premium chrome wheels...I bought some brand new wheels, and put them on myself. It had the standard grey painted wheels on it when it came out of the factory ).I don't know if you consider this as being an "original, factory installed" option?? :confused:...although they're the correct 2002 optional premium chrome wheels for this car...It could change the "number produced" category in which my car would be... What about the parking lamps also?...I dunno...You tell me what you think about this please...Serial # 120648

Thank you for the info, Quickdraw...

Claude. :cool:

Last edited:
2fast,

Canadians didn’t have the Premium model with the chrome wheels available. I think all Canada bound cars were deluxe and did not have the chrome wheels and also did not have the supplemental lights. I have to believe yours is a Deluxe model and if you have the blue top yours is one of 454 made. No 2002s, US or Canadian, had the heated seats. The supplemental lights were a no cost option for the US market and were not available at all on Canadian bound cars.

The reason the lights were a free option is if they were included as standard equipment the repair costs during crash tests put it over the acceptable repair cost threshold. By making them optional (but free) they got around this technicality. That Canadian cars did not have the lights available must also be for some legal reason.

EDIT: 2fast, do you have the original window sticker? See if it has an "Order Code" - it should be 100A, 110A, 120A or 130A.

Last edited:
Reply to "Quickdraw"...

Quickdraw, I do have the original window sticker, but nowhere on it do I see an "order code" or a number ressembling "100A, 110A, etc...) :( Is there another detail that I could give you to help you?...One thing I already knew, is that you are right about the chrome wheels and the supplemental lights not being offered in Canada. I had to order the lights from the parts department, along with the wiring harness for them, and they were really simple to install. The same goes for the chrome wheels.
Now, I still don't know how you would "classify" my car because of the missing options that were added, even if they are genuine, brand new Ford parts... Can it be considered as being "original equipement" for my car ? In reality,I took a "Deluxe" model, and turned it into a "Premium" model!...If you can clarify this question for me, I would appreciate... :) Thanks!
'bye, Claude.

P.S: I did not know that heated seats were not offered in '02 though...Thanks for this info!;) So now, it means that I have each and every option available in 2002, right?...Am I missing something?...
Thanks!, Claude :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back