Album: Tale of Two T-Birds

Looking for a muscle car project, I ended up with two 68 Tudor Thunderbirds. The first, I called the 67 because of its 67 front bumper and grill I bought from a guy that had it sitting in a yard that I drove by every day. It had big tires and a mean stance. I thought it could pass for a muscle car. All my other candidates were too expensive to get into i.e. Mustang, Camaro, and Charger. <br /> The car&#039;s body was a mess, it has no engine and a squirrel lived in it. I knew shortly after I bought the car that I&#039;d need another to make one whole.<br /> So I found a yellow 68 in Connecticut. it had 68,000 original miles and was in decent shape. it had a leaky 429, bench seats and a brown interior. The stance was more original. Both had vinyl roofs. <br /> So I start the project for somewhat short money $2,500. <br /> I had a vision to create a muscle car out of a luxury vehicle. So here is what I did.<br /> You&#039;ll have to ask because I couldn&#039;t fit in 2000 characters!

Tale of Two T-Birds

Updated Feb 28, 2019 - Taken at MA, USA
The "67"  
The othe bird sans vinyl roof  
Disassembly  
body over frame  
Almost there  
Loading Photos......
Loading Photos......
jon774
Looking for a muscle car project, I ended up with two 68 Tudor Thunderbirds. The first, I called the 67 because of its 67 front bumper and grill I bought from a guy that had it sitting in a yard that I drove by every day. It had big tires and a mean stance. I thought it could pass for a muscle car. All my other candidates were too expensive to get into i.e. Mustang, Camaro, and Charger.
The car's body was a mess, it has no engine and a squirrel lived in it. I knew shortly after I bought the car that I'd need another to make one whole.
So I found a yellow 68 in Connecticut. it had 68,000 original miles and was in decent shape. it had a leaky 429, bench seats and a brown interior. The stance was more original. Both had vinyl roofs.
So I start the project for somewhat short money $2,500.
I had a vision to create a muscle car out of a luxury vehicle. So here is what I did.
You'll have to ask because I couldn't fit in 2000 characters!
Taken at MA, USA

Help us by sharing/liking this page!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!