Album: 1968 Thunderbird 4 door Landau

This is my dad's 68 Thunderbird. It was his project car most of my life. He purchased it from the original owner in the late 80s. It was sitting in a barn that was falling down on it. My dad worked several years to restore it, but never got it quite right. He had body work done and worked on the engine.. but all never going 100%. My dad passed away in 2008, my brother took the car to restore it, but never did anything. The car was recently passed to me because I wanted to get it going. We have the engine running now. Working on the electrical next.

1968 Thunderbird 4 door Landau

Updated Jan 5, 2019 - Taken at Nebraska
Coming Home  
Into my garage  
Loading Photos......
Loading Photos......
DadsDreamCar
This is my dad's 68 Thunderbird. It was his project car most of my life. He purchased it from the original owner in the late 80s. It was sitting in a barn that was falling down on it. My dad worked several years to restore it, but never got it quite right. He had body work done and worked on the engine.. but all never going 100%. My dad passed away in 2008, my brother took the car to restore it, but never did anything. The car was recently passed to me because I wanted to get it going. We have the engine running now. Working on the electrical next.
Taken at Nebraska
  1. jon774
    jon774
    I have been dealing with electrical issues that have been coming up on mine. Let me know if you get stuck I may be able to help.
  2. DadsDreamCar
    DadsDreamCar
    She has new tires and a new exhaust now, but It's a big of an electrical nightmare at the moment. The ac/heater controls are not functioning correctly, all of the window motors need replaced and the rear tail lights like to flash going down the road like a ground wire is bouncing around or something... lol, but its been too cold here to work on it much, will spend a lot more time in the spring

Actions

Help us by sharing/liking this page!

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!