WTB 64 T power steering high pressure lines

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
S

stevetheweave1

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Who has never had power steering hose leaks? Am I being too anal about replacing working hydraulic high pressure hoses 56yrs old? I am planning a long trip ( RT 66 ), and want a trouble free car. I see I can make steel braided AN hose end lines and adapt with Russell fittings ,maybe, but I like stock. Anyone want to go into the hose making business, we could corner the world market! LOL

Many truck repair shops will make up both high and low pressure power steering hoses as well as some parts stores. If the metal fitting are good on the old hoses they can usually make them up as well. It seems that the ones that come from even the best TBird parts houses do not necessarily fit. Don't know why but that is the case.

Who has never had power steering hose leaks? Am I being too anal about replacing working hydraulic high pressure hoses 56yrs old? I am planning a long trip ( RT 66 ), and want a trouble free car. I see I can make steel braided AN hose end lines and adapt with Russell fittings ,maybe, but I like stock. Anyone want to go into the hose making business, we could corner the world market! LOL
I do not know where you live. That makes it harder to suggest an actual shop for you to go to. A hydraulic hose shop should be able to make replacements for you. You take in the originals and they can usually make up new ones but will need your old hoses and ends. Where have you looked for replacement hoses?

My response, have a rum and coke. Then rinse and repeat.

As for the hoses. They seem to have you worked up.
There's nothing bullet proof from 65 yrs ago. If they're dry rotted, leaky or anything else that concerns you, change em. You don't have to go braided. You can get hydraulic hoses in many different grades or thickness and diameters. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Who has never had power steering hose leaks? Am I being too anal about replacing working hydraulic high pressure hoses 56yrs old? I am planning a long trip ( RT 66 ), and want a trouble free car. I see I can make steel braided AN hose end lines and adapt with Russell fittings ,maybe, but I like stock. Are these old lines bullet proof, am I concerned over nothing, should I have a rum and coke?
replace them, then have a rum and coke.... I burned up my power steering, because that tiny leak got dramatically worse fast.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Cokefirst although I prefer rumfirst thanks for the p/n

Not making you more nervous, but rather agreeing with you. I had a small fire on my 69 Camaro because of a leaking power steering hose, yeah, that's when I found out power steering fluid is flammable. It was with headers though.

Back