WTB 2002 Windshield

VolleyballJIM

VolleyballJIM

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Small crack in my windshield but STILL thinking of replacing it (it has some weathering over the years). Where can you order a new windshield (any other ideas)?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Your title "2002 Cracked Windshield" has been revised to summarize your post.

Small crack in my windshield but STILL thinking of replacing it (it has some weathering over the years). Where can you order a new windshield (any other ideas)?
Safelite can repair cracks and resurface it, otherwise try a salvage yard.

See if there are any of these franchises in your area: https://superglass.com/ give them a crack at it (pun intended).
They'll do an assessment of your crack and if you have other scratches or wiper scars they can often polish them out..
They did this on my 1963 Corvette original 50 year old winshield and saved it...

Do NOT run the washers or use windshield cleaning solutions until you have the crack looked at.
They can contaminate the area and affect any repair.

Last edited:
Safelite has always done a good job for me and if anyone has this windshield in stock they will. New the windshield was manufactured by PPG. Later the company changed to PGW. A couple of years ago the company was brought out by Vitro of Mexico. OEM tooling was still available These windshields were originally manufactured in Evansville Indiana and finished in Creighton Pennsylvania. Whether it's labeled PPG, PGW or Vitro it will be the same as your OEM windshield. Nothing ages 3better than glass so I windshield from a salvage yard should still be a good option.

I got a replacement windshield for my ‘02 Thunderbird through my local Ford dealer. Not sure a junkyard replacement is feasible - on top of the fact junkyard Retro’s are very scarce, my original windshield broke into many pieces upon removal.

I got a replacement windshield for my ‘02 Thunderbird through my local Ford dealer. Not sure a junkyard replacement is feasible - on top of the fact junkyard Retro’s are very scarce, my original windshield broke into many pieces upon removal.
How long ago was that I wonder ? Seems lately parts are scare to non-existant...

Back