WTB-1957 Original Steel Wheels

S

sshort67

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I want to replace the KH (fomoco)wire wheels on our 1957 Thunderbird with the original stock wheels so I can run the stock hubcaps. The wire wheels will be available when removed. Located in SW Missouri.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I want to replace the KH (fomoco)wire wheels on our 1957 Thunderbird with the original stock wheels so I can run the stock hubcaps. The wire wheels will be available when removed. Located in SW Missouri.
I’m removing a seat off my 56 to replace with wire. Will be available in a couple months. Maybe sooner

I’m removing a seat off my 56 to replace with wire. Will be available in a couple months. Maybe sooner
Good morning. I will be very interested in your steel wheels. I really want to change from my wire to steel with the optional full wheel covers that I have. What size do you have on your 56, 14" was the factory wheel/tire in 1957. Where are you located, I am in Fair Grove, Missouri. My cell is <DO NOT POST YOUR PHONE NUMBER ON THE FORUMS>.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are the original. Painted red.
North Augusta SC

Good morning. I will be very interested in your steel wheels. I really want to change from my wire to steel with the optional full wheel covers that I have. What size do you have on your 56, 14" was the factory wheel/tire in 1957. Where are you located, I am in Fair Grove, Missouri. My cell is <DO NOT POST YOUR PHONE NUMBER ON THE FORUMS>.
I think factory wheels in 56' are 15 inches. I learned when I was changing to front disks.

SlimerSnail, my research indicates the original 1956 wheels are 15 inch and 1957 is 14 inch. Thanks

The information shown below is from the Restoration Manual.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

1701178464726.png

Rim 3.jpg

1701178573881.png

Rim 2.jpg

1701178680084.png

Rim 1.jpg

Have you done this yet? I'd like to move my '56 from steel w/wire baskets to wire spokes. Perhaps we can make a deal!

Have you done this yet? I'd like to move my '56 from steel w/wire baskets to wire spokes. Perhaps we can make a deal!
Not yet. Have not found any original 1957 steel wheels. The 1957 wheels are 14 inch instead of the 15 on 1955 and 1956. The KH wire wheels will be available when I find original 1957 wheels. Please keep me in mind. Let me know if you have any questions.

Are the wires 14 or 15 inch? Not that I really care, the speedometer isn't accurate, anyway. Are the 14s limited to the Thunderbird, or might Fairlane, etc. wheels work?

Back