wood veneer for 1963 monaco

Doug and Mary

Doug and Mary

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I need to replace the cheap, wood grain decal they used in my 1963 monaco edition. I'm sending a sample of the decal to a veneer supplier to match it for me. So, when I eventually finish the restoration and show the car, will the judges take off points for using real wood inplace of something that looks like it should be lining a kitchen drawer? Just wondering, but I'll do it with real wood regardless.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I need to replace the cheap, wood grain decal they used in my 1963 monaco edition. I'm sending a sample of the decal to a veneer supplier to match it for me. So, when I eventually finish the restoration and show the car, will the judges take off points for using real wood inplace of something that looks like it should be lining a kitchen drawer? Just wondering, but I'll do it with real wood regardless.
It depends on the show. Some concours shows have separate classes for original and non original. It also depends on the knowledge of the judge(s).

Back