Water pump pulley removal 1956 Thunderbird

RichW
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hey Guys,

Trying to get the water pump pulley off. Manual says remove the 4 fan bolts, take off fan and pulley. I can’t get the pulley off. Is this usually difficult to remove or have I missed something?

Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hey Guys,

Trying to get the water pump pulley off. Manual says remove the 4 fan bolts, take off fan and pulley. I can’t get the pulley off. Is this usually difficult to remove or have I missed something?

Thanks
as long as you have the bolts and belt removed, it should come right off. might try gently tapping on it with a plastic mallet or shoot some pb blaster in the center where the waterpump shaft sticks thru it and letting it set for awhile then tap with mallet

as long as you have the bolts and belt removed, it should come right off. might try gently tapping on it with a plastic mallet or shoot some pb blaster in the center where the waterpump shaft sticks thru it and letting it set for awhile then tap with mallet
Thanks Tbird57. I will give this a go. This isn’t any chance that there is a one piece pulley that is pressed onto the water pump shaft by any chance?

Thanks Tbird57. I will give this a go. This isn’t any chance that there is a one piece pulley that is pressed onto the water pump shaft by any chance?
Nope

If it is really stuck, heat it with a torch.

Back