Starter solenoid on 62 bird location

S

screw up

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
this bird I bought has everything removed under the hood, I'm trying to figure out where it go's. my question is where does the starter solenoid goes. thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I updated your title from "solenoid on 62 bird" to "solenoid on 62 bird location"

Hi
Its goes next to the battery, fitted onto the front panel edge. Below this further into the inner wing is mounted the screen washer pump.

Because it mounts to a small flange on the backside of the grill and so near the battery, I've had 2 break off when the battery wasn't locked down properly (both times when a car I bought was shipped to me with whatever battery the seller had handy) and once the snap off they NEVER work right again. Cheap part thankfully, easily replaced.

Just be sure to have an extra solenoid on hand, todays repops dont last..Happened to me with a few of them..Common problem..

Back