Rust reformer reviews

Ward 57

Ward 57

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have just become aware of a product called rust reformer by rustoleum buy a handyman radio host. It's supposed to have a chemical reaction to turn active rust into an inert material. I pulled one of my door panels to replace the glass and clean and grease the mechanisms.
I noticed the bottom of the door has some surface rust and thinking this is a perfect solution once I have all the hardware out this spring and vacuumed up the inside. Has anybody used this? Good idea? It's got good reviews.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Ive never heard of this. But, what struck me, was rust reformer. Who would ever want rust to reform?
Sorry for the negative, but...
LOL... No it won't make an alien, Just reforms it into an inert compound. Reforms the rust and protects the underlying metal. kind of like the patina on copper. Check the reviews. It's been around a long time and has great reviews. I'm surprised I've never heard about it either.

LOL... No it won't make an alien, Just reforms it into an inert compound. Reforms the rust and protects the underlying metal. kind of like the patina on copper. Check the reviews. It's been around a long time and has great reviews. I'm surprised I've never heard about it either.
Please follow up with reviews on how satisfied you are

Please follow up with reviews on how satisfied you are
[/QUO
will do. Surface rust is a Bain to all of us. used to brush and paint, but if this kills the problem not just treating the symptoms. May be a few months as it's below freezing here and in an unheated garage.

Had no idea there were products out there that would cure the rust scourge. Especially dealing with surface rust before it gets critical. Apparently undercoating caused more problems than it cured. I've been tinkering since my teens and with the geniuses in chemistry could go a long way in helping us preserve our prides of joy. The best thing it comes in a rattle can spray. Easy to apply anywhere you don't need to worry about overspray AND apparently makes a good primer too if needed.

Sounds like OsPho, a phosphorus acid concoction that neutralizes rust. I’ve used it extensively on my ‘55. It turns the rust black. I believe I bought it at one of the home improvement stores.
3A1AED1A-8565-4D76-9DA3-BC41161199EA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back