replaced ignition module, still stalls

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thundergunz

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
I have an intermitent issue at stop, lights and signs and low rpm parking etc. The car shuts down like flipping a switch. I replaced the ignition module and the problem persists. At highway speeds I will get a violent stall where the tach drops completely off but then I get a restart I assume from the a bump start of sorts? BTW the car turns over when it kills it just seems to not be getting any spark. I put a fuel pressure test on it when it killed and it has 40# on key at on, then holds at 30#.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanx

FNG

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

What year/engine does the car have? Can't give any more info until we know what you have.

Oopps! Duh

Sorry, told ya FNG

'95 4.6 v8.

I think I solved the problem from reading posts on a few forums. I think the tip came from a post regarding a tempo or some similar model. I have several hundred miles now without incident under a variety of driving situations. It (the problem) should have happened by now multiple times.

Care to guess what it was?

There are too many things that could contribute and you haven't provided a lot of information that could narrow it down. It could range from spark plugs, wires, any of the sensors from the cam, crank, to MAF. There's a ton of different things that it could be. Those are the places I would start looking based on the information you have provided...more information would narrow it down further or send me in another direction...

It was the crank position sensor.

It was mentioned a few times on a few posts. I was vested in throwing money at it allready so another $25 seemed worth a shot. Alldata had the job at 1.1 hours (took me 3) but they also said to evac. the a/c and remove the compressor. I snuck around the compressor after loosening the bolts w/o dissconecting the lines. I saved a good $100 or so on a/c.

plugs or wires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back