Remove door card on 56 to access window mechanism

woodeye

woodeye

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Just acquired my 1st T-Bird, a 1956. Passenger power window interferes with hardtop and won't allow the door to latch completely.
If I drop the window 1-2" the door will latch and window can then go up into weather-strip. I was wondering if there are any instructions/advice as to how to remove the door card. Is there a stop that can be adjusted that will lessen the upward travel?
Also the windows go up slowly. I read that the grease in the motor drive needs to be changed. I would grease or replace the rollers at that time too. Is this the correct approach?

I belong to a couple of other forums for other cars i have and the guys have always been very helpful and supportive, as I'm sure you all will. Hopefully I can offer some input as well.
Thanks Jeff

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

There are two stops located at the top of the door Part # 21770. They are an L shaped bracket held on by two screws, one small, the other bigger. The door upholstery is held on by push in clips. You must remove the handles before removing it.

Back