Power window conversion to manual crank - 1956 Thunderbird

C
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I recently bought a 56 basket case. I did not receive any of the power window controls and 1 of the window motors is bad. It appears that it would be a less expensive option for me to convert to manual window regulators. Just wondering if anyone has done this and are there any issues with this conversion?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Cwwaddell, I just recently joined the forum, so I wasn't around when you asked this question. I hope you received a usable answer to your question. I am in the process of doing exactly the same thing. My problem has been locating the manual conversion parts. Have any leads on a supplier?

Thanks, Bob Eldridge

Im not familiar with that conversion, but my suggestion is, to call any of the tbird suppliers, Hills, Casco, Larry's, Concourse, to see what info they can provide. My favorite is Hill's in Ohio. Good luck, and keep the thread updated.

Im not familiar with that conversion, but my suggestion is, to call any of the tbird suppliers, Hills, Casco, Larry's, Concourse, to see what info they can provide. My favorite is Hill's in Ohio. Good luck, and keep the thread updated.
Thanks, Tater! Will do!

Thanks! It appears that parts are available from some of these suppliers. Guess I'll try and sell the power regulators to offset the price of the new parts. Wonder how much I could sell them for?

I recently bought a 56 basket case. I did not receive any of the power window controls and 1 of the window motors is bad. It appears that it would be a less expensive option for me to convert to manual window regulators. Just wondering if anyone has done this and are there any issues with this conversion?
I converted a '56 to electric. I have most of the parts for sale.

I have already aquired all of the parts I need. Just wondering how much I should ask for my system. I have everything except the window motors. Did you buy all of yours?

I converted a '56 to electric. I have most of the parts for sale.
Did you find a specific conversion kit? I've spent countless hours trying to adapt a 'universal' power kit with not great results. Actually my goal was to replace the previous owner's attempted conversion using a similar kit. Personally I can't see a way to successfully make these kits work .

Thanks. I think I have what I need now. Just have to finish the body work and put it back together.

Back