Please help...rear seat belts on a '62 T-bird???

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
B
Last seen
Please help me.....I'm trying to get some information about adding rear seat belts to my 1962 T-bird. Does anyone know if there are any pre drilled holes &/or anchors for them already in the car? Does anyone have any diagrams or directions for installing them? I have searched the Internet & have come up with nothing.... Thanks, April
Also, although the car already has lap belts in the front, has anyone ever installed 3-point belts to a '62? (My soon to be 16 year old son will be a part-time driver in the car & I would feel safer w/3-point belts)
If you have any information on either front or rear seat belts, please share:)
Thanks again, April

April:
You may want to try the T-Bird Sanctuary, in Sherwood Oregon. Their info line is 1-503-692-9848, and actual ordering number is 1-800-275-2661.

If they do not carry that item, they may lead you to the right supplier

Or Mac's antique auto parts, http://www.macsautoparts.com/birds.html and Larry's Thunderbird Parts. as well. A web search may help with these two for you.

rear seat belts

I just had the rear seat out of my 63 and there are no bolt holes, anchors or anything else back there for seat belts. Be prepared to drill the floor and bolt in the anchors yourself.

When you pull out the rear seats you will see that it is not a big job. I installed them on my 61 TBird many years ago. You need to be sure that the metal is solid and that you use large washers on the back side to prevent pull through if there was an accident. I also installed seatbelts in the back seat of my 65 TBird convertible which was more difficult but still not a big job. The holes in the mounting ends on the seatbelts tell you the size of the bolts and the rest is easy. It is a great idea to put them in the back also.

I believe seat belts became mandatory in 1964. They were just lap belts back then.

Hey I hope you got your seat belts in! If you check the shop manual you'll see there are pre drilled anchors for front seatbelts but not rear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back