Passenger break light wont work on my 64 Conv

T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
well another issue that the resto place didnt even bother with is the break light on the passenger side. Signal works and running light but no break light.
Ive had it working but close a door or jar the car and no light. Wondering if a jumper could be ran from the driver side?? Need to get the shop manual out I guess. Being disabled makes it hard to work on cars anymore and had put my trust and money in the resto place and got screwed pretty much.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Found that my car doesn’t have the stop light relay that was fitted on a recall. May get that and install just in case. Dont want to melt anything

If you are having both brake light and front turn signal problems, it sounds like a “ground issue”. If your car was “disassembled” for any restoration or repair work, especially new paint, some ground may have been disturbed. Start searching for ground connections. Disassemble, clean both body and connector, install a “Star washer”, and tighten. Do that on as many ground connections you can find.

If you are having both brake light and front turn signal problems, it sounds like a “ground issue”. If your car was “disassembled” for any restoration or repair work, especially new paint, some ground may have been disturbed. Start searching for ground connections. Disassemble, clean both body and connector, install a “Star washer”, and tighten. Do that on as many ground connections you can find.

The resto place was supposed fix this but didnt even attempt it LoL. The brake lights worked fine until a couple years ago before I got it. Ive had them working but then close a door or jar the car and that one always stops working. Got a loose connection in the circuit somewhere. Checked and redid all the stuff in the trunk so it’s somewhere in the interior compartment im thinking

Back