Parts for a 6 cd changer 2005 retrobird

gymnos4

gymnos4

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Lost in San Diego. Does anyone know where I can get the replacement gears (it's a kit) for the CD changer in the 2005 retrobird? The small gears that moved the individual shelves were cracked and need to be replaced. The person I had remove the radio ordered the parts, but since they come out of China, and because of Covid 19, no new parts are available. Can anyone help with where these replacement gears can be found? Thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

After several changer failures / replacements 4 years ago, I now set it to position 1, keep it there and use it as a single disk player .. changing CD's manually while staying in the top port so that changer cannot change

It has been working fine for 4 years and I expect no problems

The changers are a well known problem .. .the techy at the Ford dealer who replaced it said "expect it to fail in a while .. at best a year .. maybe a lot less ... if you use it much"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back