New Owner- 1965 Convertible

Bergenser

Bergenser

I am originally from Bergen, Norway
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I bought a 1965 Thunderbird Convertible back in April, I had been sitting in a garage since 2007, never moved, never started since then. 2nd owner of the car got sick, and unfortunately passed in 2010. Since I got it, I have replaced fuel tank and fuel lines, all brakes and brake lines/hoses and master cylinder, Had to do a head job on it, finally got it started two days ago, engine sounds fine. It had a engine room fire sometimes in the mid 2000's, so a lot of the wiring was messed up, working on that now. Convertible top up/down is not working, that is the next project, also, seems like power window motors are done, so will probably have to replace them. Looking forward to get it on the road, I also have a 1975 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Convertible, and a 1965 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible :)
Pictures is from when I got it out of the garage for the first time since 2007.
2021-03-01 10.05.04.jpg2021-03-01 10.10.55.jpg2021-03-01 10.11.02.jpg

Attachments​

Last edited by a moderator:
You will love it...I have the 65 10th anniversary car...emberglo. gotten awards in shows. It is a fun car.
Enjoy!,

rn075944.jpg

Looks like a great project! As far as your electrical problems go, start in the fuse box. That car has been sitting long enough to need ALL of the electric connections cleaned.
Keep us posted, we're here to help.

Good advice. When you clean the connections make sur you apply dielectric grease to all the connections to prevent any corrosion and produce a better connection especially on light bulbs. They like to fuse themselves to the socket. You seem to have a good start and are capable.

Back