Looking at a 1957 Thunderbird 10k

Z
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
1957 Thunderbird 312 I have the opportunity to buy a 57 it's in pretty good shape. Unknown condition of 312 motor seller hasn't tried to get it started it does turn over. If I am looking to rebuild a replacement is everything available or God forbid what I just throw a modern engine in it. Seems like a pretty basic tbird no power windows manual transmission thanks for the help prices under $10,000 with hardtop only

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

please summarize your post in the future in the subject. 1957 Thunderbird could be anything. Updating for you.

1957 Thunderbird 312 I have the opportunity to buy a 57 it's in pretty good shape. Unknown condition of 312 motor seller hasn't tried to get it started it does turn over. If I am looking to rebuild a replacement is everything available or God forbid what I just throw a eamodern engine in it. Seems like a pretty basic tbird no power windows manual transmission thanks for the help prices under $10,000 with hardtop only

Spend $3500 if you have to and get it rebuilt (if necessary)!!! Under $10K good deal IMHO.

Spend $3500 if you have to and get it rebuilt (if necessary)!!! Under $10K good deal IMHO.
Be sure to check for rust in all the usual places. Bring a good magnet or bondo detector. Fixing rust issues will end coating a lot more than rebuilding the engine.

$10k sounds like a good price if it is solid.

Back