Thunderbird Year
Hy, where can I find a rebuild kit for a Holley carb list 1551? 6R1432-3
I live in Belgium.

Thanks in advance
Dirk

IMG_20230920_183137.jpg

IMG_20230920_121333.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

What you have is basically an early version of a Holley model 4160. The better carburetor repair kits come with enough different gaskets and parts to cover the various sub-models of the 4160.
This is the Holley page for carb kits for the 4160, you might do an open Google search with the Holley part numbers to find better prices at other retailers. Hope this Helps!
Curtis Morris
Springdale, Arkansas, USA

Hi M. Curtis,
Thanks for your reply. But if I want to buy a new carb, which type of Holley is the best to replace?
Dirk
Most folks will want to retain the original style carburetor, but most are worn out and can be a hassle. Right now I'm running a modern Holley list # 1850 on my '1957 t-bird, it's a universal 600 CFM carb that works fairly well. Honestly, most any of the 600 CFM Holley four-barrel carbs with vacuum secondaries can be made to work, with some tuning. You may have to go to an electric choke and make some changes to accommodate the vacuum advance for the distributor, but these are easy fixes.

Hi M. Curtis,
Thanks for your reply. But if I want to buy a new carb, which type of Holley is the best to replace?
Dirk

The closest modern replacement is the Holley 0-8007 390 CFM Classic Holley Carburetor. The original carbs were about the same cfm rating. Lots of people go with a similar style 4160 series in a 450 cfm because they are a couple hundred cheaper for some reason. If you go much over 450 you are overdoing it for these low reving y-blocks.

Ok thanks for all the help.
I have rebuild my carb en it works fine. I have only to check the correct working off the secundair barrels.
Dirk.

Back