Interior Restoration for 1997

H
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I need to restore the interior of my 97. I'm new to the forum. Can someone recommend some vendors that are good "go-to" sources. I need new foam and seat coverings. Also new carpets. The car seats coverings are in the factory leather. Thanks
I ordered my car from the factory in January of 1997. It's opalescent white with all factory options except the sun roof. It's been a very reliable car. Major repairs include a new automatic transmission....replaced under warranty, and of course the plastic part of the original intake maniforld started leaking and it too was replaced under warranty.

I need to restore the interior of my 97. I'm new to the forum. Can someone recommend some vendors that are good "go-to" sources. I need new foam and seat coverings. Also new carpets. The car seats coverings are in the factory leather. Thanks
I ordered my car from the factory in January of 1997. It's opalescent white with all factory options except the sun roof. It's been a very reliable car. Major repairs include a new automatic transmission....replaced under warranty, and of course the plastic part of the original intake maniforld started leaking and it too was replaced under warranty.

Been a couple of days now. Looks like no one has ever restored a 1997 Thunderbird! I've restored C3 Corvettes. In the Corvette forums I would have recommended Corvette Central, Al Knoch, Paragon, Ecklers....etc. I haven't been able to find any comparable websites for Thunderbirds. I would have assumed there would be a Thunderbird vendor, like Al Knoch, where I sent my 1968 and 1970 Corvettes seats to for restoration in leather. Also, the National Corvette Restoration Society (NCRS) is choke full of vendors for restoration support. Looks like the repro industry for 1997 Thunderbirds is pretty undeveloped.......I thought I was just accidentally not finding any Thunderbird sites on Google, so now I'm thinking there may not be any. Looks like I'm on my own with unknown local upholstery shops. Maybe I can find some in Hemmings.

BTY...The reason I bought my 1997 Tbird was that it looked almost exactly like the 1995 Australian Ford Falcon I owned in Australia. The Ozzie Falcon had the large displacement heritage Ford 6 cylinder engine, with a twin overhead cam aluminum head made by Honda, a fuel injection made by Bosch (BMW), and a 5 speed transmission used in US Ford Mustangs, sports suspension. A really great car.

Unfortunately there's not a big market for people wanting to restore these cars. A 1997 Corvette and a 1997 Thunderbird are apples and oranges.

Back