How to prevent headlights from cloudy appearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D
My bro just installed new headlights on his 97 Thunderbird, because the old ones were looking very cloudy/yellowish. Can anyone know how to prevent the headlights from cloudy appearance and keep them looking new longer? I was told by a friend that Walmart has useful products.

Any recommendation

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

There are headlight covers available. I've got them on all my cars and after 6 years they still look new.
Griots garasge on line is one source. These are thick plastic and adhere with a water solution. They repell sand and grit, which damages the plastic that's on headlights

There is a refinisher type product that WalMart does carry ($20). Basically its a wetsand with polish that takes off the crazing and yellowing. It does work, but does diminish over time...in my case less than a year.

There's another product for headlight protection called Xpel. Do a search on the web----once you have cleaned your head lights, this will keep them clean and bright.

There is a refinisher type product that WalMart does carry ($20). Basically its a wetsand with polish that takes off the crazing and yellowing. It does work, but does diminish over time...in my case less than a year.

This is probably similar to a multi-purpose metal/plastic polish that I've used on a lot of other cars to keep the plastic headlights looking new. If you keep up with it, just a nickel sized dab and quick rub with a hand cloth every couple weeks or so is sufficient to keep them looking great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back