How many silver mink metallic 62's were made?

M
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a silver mink metallic 62 Sports Roadster. I am trying to determine if that color is a special order color and how many Sports Roadsters were made that color in 1962.
I have found conflicting information in the specifications data that shows that color was not available for the T Bird and was offered for the Monterey and Comet that year yet a color code is shown that matches my data plate.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for my question?
Thanks
Merle

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

model-year.jpg
summary-of-post.jpg

Summarize your post and add the car model year to get more responses. "Question about car color" is too vague. Subject updated.

I have a silver mink metallic 62 Sports Roadster. I am trying to determine if that color is a special order color and how many Sports Roadsters were made that color in 1962.
I have found conflicting information in the specifications data that shows that color was not available for the T Bird and was offered for the Monterey and Comet that year yet a color code is shown that matches my data plate.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for my question?
Thanks
Merle
Your data plate should show the original color code for your car. I am not sure about your year code for special ordering any Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury color. At that point in time you could special order many combinations. the IMHO is special order is "M" code in the engine position on the data plate.

Your data plate should show the original color code for your car. I am not sure about your year code for special ordering any Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury color. At that point in time you could special order many combinations. the IMHO is special order is "M" code in the engine position on the data plate.
Thanks for your response.
My data plate does show the correct color code
For Silver Mink Metallic.
What is IHMO?

Back