Headlight switch humming 55

HRUVDT564
Last seen
I hear a humming noise when I turn on my lights. I assume it is the switch but the sound seems like it is coming from a different location under the dash.
Has anyone had this issue, any ideas?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I see positively no way the switch can cause humming. When humming noises come from switches, transformers, or other electronic components, it is from AC while your car runs off of 6 volts (or 12 volts) DC. I would go looking for some sort of aftermarket motor. What it does or why it's there is anyone's guess, but that's what I would look for.

There is a thermal circuit breaker built into the light switch, perhaps there is a slight short in your light wires causing it to buzz. I would check all the wires and light sockets.

Actually I am in the process of putting in new wires and sockets because the wires are old and cracked and the sockets are in pretty bad shape.
I’ll see if it makes a difference.
I also read that a old switch may cause issues with dash light. I may replace it too.

This little bird is a demanding girl friend.

Thanks

If replacing the switch, try to find an NOS switch. Their out there. Repops of light switches have been known to fail in a short time of use. Poor contacts.

Back