Hard after engine is hot

G
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Just finished converting my 69 Tbird 429 engine from carburation to fuel injection. Notice when engine is hot after driving it. When I shut it off and try to restart it it cranks very slow but eventually starts. I have read on other forums that it could be battery or starter. It has a new battery so unlikely. I do have the timing advanced to around 10-11 but doubt that`s it because when cold it starts right up no problem. Anyone have other ideas what it could be before I change the starter out? Much appreciated.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Set the timing with the engine running at 35 degrees at 2500 rpm. It will always start good when cold it’s when it is hot that the gas vapors expand and cause hard starting. Leave all the vacuum hoses on the distributor when timing the engine this way. Good luck Rick.

Get use to the hard start with a your 429, that one should have a 10.5 to 1 compression ratio. That makes them very tight and hard to turn over once they are warmed up, but ohhh the power, 429s are the bomb!

Get use to the hard start with a your 429, that one should have a 10.5 to 1 compression ratio. That makes them very tight and hard to turn over once they are warmed up, but ohhh the power, 429s are the bomb!
Already solved it. Turns over no problem now when its hot, but appreciate your reply

Back