Forum Surfers and Posters Computer Tips and Secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that I would start this post as a place that we all could share any tips or secrets that would help each of us in checking or posting to this forum.

I have a computer secret:
A fast and easy way to refresh your screen, rather than having to always use your mouse is to just press the F5 key at the top of your keyboard. (I'm not sure if this works on a MAC computer or not)

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Great tip...another one I use quite often is a feature to toggle between screens...if I'm in Excel and have the Forum open (or another venue), I'll hit ALT/TAB and it will toggle from one screen to the other...then I'll hit it again and it toggles back.

good idea but keyboards tend to get custom programming - F5 doesn't do that trick for me but then I use netscape for surfing.
the alt/tab works but only between 2 screens - if I have more than 2 up, it only toggles between 2.

-

I usually use the buttons on the Windows task bar to switch between applications and then do a reload/refresh to update the forum page. Whenever I leave the forum, I leave it on the general page.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back