For 2004 T'bird need part for Remote Start.

G

General Patton

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Want to buy Part No. 1L2Z-19G365-AB, Securilock (PATS) Interface. It's a key ignition bypass for a vintage Ford Remote Start System.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

@General Patton , did the 8L3Z part work for you? I as well need the 1L2Z, but it appears its been obsolete for some time. From what I gather, 1L2Z was replaced by 7L2Z, and then 8L3Z. I believe the 8L3Z part will work for any application referencing the earlier two parts as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
@General Patton , did the 8L3Z part work for you? I as well need the 1L2Z, but it appears its been obsolete for some time. From what I gather, 1L2Z was replaced by 7L2Z, and then 8L3Z. I believe the 8L3Z part will work for any application referencing the earlier two parts as well.
ed
Logically tthe 8L3Z should have worked since it superceded all others, but to my great disappointment it did not. I had the wiring checked out twice by independent techs. According to them it was correct per the diagrams. I feel certain that this setup had problems from the outset and that there must have been tech bulletins that are now lost. I’ve wasted so much money on this alarm/remote start system that I’m ashamed to admit the final number is well north of $3K.

I have wiring diagrams if you need/re-attempt your project. Was your theft light flashing when it attempted to remote start? If not, I’d like to think you got stuck with a defective unit. Hoping I won’t run into serious issues when I install mine in my 2006 Explorer.

I have wiring diagrams if you need/re-attempt your project. Was your theft light flashing when it attempted to remote start? If not, I’d like to think you got stuck with a defective unit. Hoping I won’t run into serious issues when I install mine in my 2006 Explorer.
Thank you. I would appreciate that very much. What is the best way to accomplish sending me a copy of the wiring diagrams?

Back