Electric Radio Antenna for 1957??

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
2from93449

2from93449

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Has anyone used an electric radio antenna on a 1957 T-Bird? If so, would you please supply the model and vendor?
Thanks

I’ve never heard of any electric antenna but I recently put a new antenna which has a “mast” that unscrews that allows for easy covering of my 55 Bird. I bought it through Classic Thunderbird parts in Ohio

I’ve never heard of any electric antenna but I recently put a new antenna which has a “mast” that unscrews that allows for easy covering of my 55 Bird. I bought it through Classic Thunderbird parts in Ohio
How difficult was it to replace? It's pretty well back in the fender well. Did you have to take the tire off to get into that cranny.

Hi Ward,

I was lucky as my 55 was a body off restoration so it was easy. I am not near my restoration folder but my memory is that there is a specific tool from CASCO that gets you on the nut that holds the antenna baseplate. Give Todd at CASCO a call.
A second set of hands and a headlamp will help. Let me know how you make out.

Back