DPFE Sensor or Pressure Feedback Electronic EGR Transducer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 95 T-Bird, V-8 4.6L. The check engine light has been on and I am trying to figure out the problem. The code comes back saying something about the EGR Valve. After checking a forum in a different Thunderbird website, it seems that the main cause of this code is not the actual EGR Valve, but something called the DPFE.

The problem I'm having is that I do not know what the DPFE is. There is nothing in the Haynes Manual that mentions the DPFE, and when searching Auto Zone for the part, nothing comes up, except for a part called the EGR Valve Pressure Sensor. The closest thing I can find in the Haynes Manual is the Pressure Feedback Electronic EGR Transducer.

My questions is this: Is the DPFE, the EGR Valve Pressure Sensor, and the Pressure Feedback Electronic EGR Transducer all the same thing, or are they each different parts? If the DPFE is something totally different, please let me know where I can buy one for a 95 T-Bird.

Thanks,
Mark

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back