Cruise/Horn Don't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
'94 T-Bird Next Question: Both the horn & cruise control stopped working at the same time. Since they both are in the steering wheel I'm guessing there's a loose/broken wire in the steering column. I took a look and didn't see anything obvious, but there's alot of wires. Anyone know the wires I should be looking for?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The fuse that controls the horn also controls the cruise. Its under your steering wheel neer the parking brake, pop the panel. Ford includes spare fuses in the cover.
Happy motoring.:cool:

I forgot to add.... after you pop the fues panel under the dash, you need the 15A (blue) fuse. Then go under the hood and pop the "Power Distribution box" opes from the windshield toward the front-lenghtwise. The Horn/Cruise fuse is the 15 A on the forward most right side....should show in your user manual. Pull the fuse out look at the metal piece to ensure thats your problem (usually is) and replace it with the new one.....A 5 minute job!:D

well, needed to get the horn fixed so my son could use the car to take his drivers test (they inspect lights, horn, tires, etc before they take you out for your test). i have a new mechanic who's good and reasonable, so i gave him a shot. after checking the fuses, he ran a wire bypassing the origninal ground wire in the steering column. horn & cruise now work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back