Correct Power Steering Pump 1964

D

danderson38

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi,
Looking for help identifying the correct power steering pump for my 1964 convertible (non a/c car). I've purchased a Cardone pump (p/n 6051) to replace the Eaton pump that was in the car. The issue is that the Cardone pump only has holes for 2 of the 3 bolts for the mounting bracket and the shaft appears to be slightly longer on the newer pump. I've looked around and I can't seem to find a replacement pump that has the same bolt pattern.

Any help identifying the right pump is much appreciated. Thanks all!

Picture of the original pump attached.

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    921.4 KB · Views: 4

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi,
Looking for help identifying the correct power steering pump for my 1964 convertible (non a/c car). I've purchased a Cardone pump (p/n 6051) to replace the Eaton pump that was in the car. The issue is that the Cardone pump only has holes for 2 of the 3 bolts for the mounting bracket and the shaft appears to be slightly longer on the newer pump. I've looked around and I can't seem to find a replacement pump that has the same bolt pattern.

Any help identifying the right pump is much appreciated. Thanks all!

Picture of the original pump attached.
Well, the part number for the Cardone pump is correct, if the shaft is different, and holes are wrong, it’s the WRONG pump in the right box. SEND IT BACK. The Cardone should look exactly like your Eaton as it is a Chinese copy. With that said, they are JUNK. I’ve been through 2 of them in less than 500 miles. Have your original rebuilt.

Well, the part number for the Cardone pump is correct, if the shaft is different, and holes are wrong, it’s the WRONG pump in the right box. SEND IT BACK. The Cardone should look exactly like your Eaton as it is a Chinese copy. With that said, they are JUNK. I’ve been through 2 of them in less than 500 miles. Have your original rebuilt.

Thanks very much BigClay. Went ahead and returned the pump and called Larry's for a real rebuilt Eaton replacement pump. All problems solved!

Back