can i do a secondary cat delete without screwing with a o2 sensor on my 96 4.6 v8 thunderbird?

• Thread starter nurturantquasar
  • Start date
nurturantquasar

nurturantquasar

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
so im wondering if i can delete the secondary catalytic converters without screwing with an 02 sensor causing my car to not run right?

Update-
ok from what ive found looking around atsome google images it does infact have o2 sensors behind the secondary cat converters. so im just gonna have to buy new ones since there clogged

Last edited by a moderator:
so im wondering if i can delete the secondary catalytic converters without screwing with an 02 sensor causing my car to not run right?

Update-
ok from what ive found looking around atsome google images it does infact have o2 sensors behind the secondary cat converters. so im just gonna have to buy new ones since there clogged
You can eliminate your cat's if you want to without affecting performance. The only thing is that your "CHECK ENGINE" light will stay on. I gutted my cats and eliminated the mufflers and installed 2 1/2 " pipes from TRU- BENZ out of Miami Fl. Better performance same mpg. Hey,, I like it. Sounds great also.

Back