Best gas for 1957 Thunderbird

N
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Just purchased my 1957 Thunderbird and wanted advice on the best gas choice. Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Thanks for response. Not familiar with the manual you mentioned. I will look into purchasing. Also, joining a local chapter. As I mentioned, I just acquired the car.

Find fuel without ethanol in it if possible. That shoot will eat your engine. Also since these defiantly have the softer valve seats you need a lead additive. Well that;s if its original. If your engine has been rebuilt or swapped then dunno.

Ethanol does not eat your engine. However it is harmful to older formulation rubber in the fuel system. In normal driving you likley will not need hardened valve seats. I do recommend use of a zinc additive and using an engine oil like
rotella for diesle engines as it still has zinc in it.

Ethanol does not eat your engine. However it is harmful to older formulation rubber in the fuel system. In normal driving you likley will not need hardened valve seats. I do recommend use of a zinc additive and using an engine oil like
rotella for diesle engines as it still has zinc in it.
Lucas has a specially formulated oil for classic cars with high zinc additive in it. As for ethanol... It's a water based fuel isn't it? Not really good going into your engine. And for hardened valve seats... I didn't say get them. Just add some lead additive into your fuel on each fill up.

Lucas has a specially formulated oil for classic cars with high zinc additive in it. As for ethanol... It's a water based fuel isn't it? Not really good going into your engine. And for hardened valve seats... I didn't say get them. Just add some lead additive into your fuel on each fill up.

Ethanol is in the group of alcohols. Think happy thoughts for corn farmers in the mid west as a source of ethanol.

Back