Are 1991-1993 5.0 (302) Thunderbirds rare?

Yes they are now the really rare one is the 5.0 Sport it's set up just like the Supercoupes but with a 5.0 I collect the SC models had 11 and cut the flock down to 5 they're really costly to upkeep let alone 11 so 5 is my new limit but if you can get you hands on a 5.o Sport get it and hold on to it it will be worth so cash down the road

Yeah. As true gambit said. I have a 4.6 sport. Hold on to it. It's hard to find just an mn 12 period that hasn't been beat up by some dumb teenager or soccer mom back in the day and only had its oil changed every 15000 miles. I see them every now and then but they're destroyed and mostly 3.8s. The 5.0s are rarer than the 4.6s. So if you have a good one def keep it. 5.0 is more reliable than my 4.6 in my opinion. I've had both.

Yes they are now the really rare one is the 5.0 Sport it's set up just like the Supercoupes but with a 5.0 I collect the SC models had 11 and cut the flock down to 5 they're really costly to upkeep let alone 11 so 5 is my new limit but if you can get you hands on a 5.o Sport get it and hold on to it it will be worth so cash down the road
What is the difference between the LX and the Sport?

The sport is a Supercoupe mock-up has all of the features of a Supercoupe electronic ride control and the same suspension posi-lock rear-end, all of the performance that the Supercoupe has but with the 5.0 engine which you would think would be faster but sadly isn't the 3.8 supercharged Supercoupe is the faster and stronger 315 lbs of torque at the ground where the 5.0 was lucky to hit 285 also the horse power for the SC is better this is why I own 5 of them each with a different purpose

The sport is a Supercoupe mock-up has all of the features of a Supercoupe electronic ride control and the same suspension posi-lock rear-end, all of the performance that the Supercoupe has but with the 5.0 engine which you would think would be faster but sadly isn't the 3.8 supercharged Supercoupe is the faster and stronger 315 lbs of torque at the ground where the 5.0 was lucky to hit 285 also the horse power for the SC is better this is why I own 5 of them each with a different purpose

so I have a guy wanting to trade me a 92 thunderbird with 5.0 and only 50k original miles. What is it worth?

Buy it I'll give ya 3k for it sight unseen if mileage is true and it's not a tmu title
Hello everyone,

I just joined this evening.

Anyways, I’d get right on that deal- as finding a clean 5.0L MN12 is getting hard. It seems there are more in LQK Junkyards than are for sale and I wish I could be the guy buying the good parts off of these cars and the Mercury Cougars sharing the same components.

A sport is an lx. But it has larger rotors, larger anti roll bars, and a body kit. The 95s and up have 16 inch wheels instead of 15.
My 97 lx came with stock 15" wheels. The owners handbook doesn't mention 16 inch wheels. Been to many junk yards, not found any 16's yet, If anyone is interested,I have an extra owners handbook, unused.

Back