Alarm issues 1991 SC

rs2600
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Just bought a 91 SC/man and like in a lot of old cars, previous owners have "impoved" the electrical system without luck.
Mine came with home made daylight running lights and no instrument lights. Checked the fuse and It was blown. Put a new one
in and it blew. Replaced the headlight switch and then removes the cluster and checked all bulbs, they were fine. Removed
all "new" wires that was connected to the headlight switch and put the originals together and headlights works as they should.
Now I have a new problem.
Alarm won't shut off. There's, what I believe, a panic button under the steering wheel that I push when starting the car and
according to the previous owner, is used to shut off the alarm if it comes on. When all "new" wires was removed I ended up with
two wires going to the alarm module (see picture), one orange/black and one orange. I assume they should be connected somewhere but I
can't see where.
Is there anyway I can disable the whole alarmsystem or is too incorporated in to the whole system? Or does anyone know where to connect the
orange wires?
IMG_20200105_114639751.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Just bought a 91 SC/man and like in a lot of old cars, previous owners have "impoved" the electrical system without luck.
Mine came with home made daylight running lights and no instrument lights. Checked the fuse and It was blown. Put a new one
in and it blew. Replaced the headlight switch and then removes the cluster and checked all bulbs, they were fine. Removed
all "new" wires that was connected to the headlight switch and put the originals together and headlights works as they should.
Now I have a new problem.
Alarm won't shut off. There's, what I believe, a panic button under the steering wheel that I push when starting the car and
according to the previous owner, is used to shut off the alarm if it comes on. When all "new" wires was removed I ended up with
two wires going to the alarm module (see picture), one orange/black and one orange. I assume they should be connected somewhere but I
can't see where.
Is there anyway I can disable the whole alarmsystem or is too incorporated in to the whole system? Or does anyone know where to connect the
orange wires?

Problem solved

Back